Thursday, February 26, 2009

"I thought it would come out."

Yesterday, the phone rang. I looked at the caller I.D. and my stomach clenched. It read BUFFALO ELEM. That's never a good thing. Someone's hurt, sick, or in trouble. It was the nurse, informing me that Jacob has inserted a small piece of paper up his nose and it won't come out. *SIGH* This is not what I need right now. Migraine blooming, babysitting two hours from then, and now this. I flash back to when Austin put the button up his nose and remembered how we got that out. Plug the empty nostril, cover his mouth with my mouth, and blow out the object. Since I'm sick, I called my mother and she went. Being paper, it was stuck to the side and wouldn't come out. Mom brought him home and I peered into the tiny, booger-laiden cavern in search of the foreign object. No luck. Called the doctor's office and they said, "Bring him in." By now, I am in full-blown migraine/sinus congestion mode. Jadyn's on her way to be babysat. Thankfully Mom was able to stay with Ava while I run Jacob to the extractor. The physician's assistant removes the paper roll with some really long tweezers and relief is shared by all. We thank everyone involved and head home. Will they ever learn? Or, are they just waiting for Ava to be old enough to lightly suggest to her that she should be cool like her brothers and stick a Polly Pocket up her nose! I just keep telling myself someday I'll wish for the simplicity of these problems. That someday is rocketing toward me in lightning speed.

No comments: