Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ma baby be sick :( 3-10-09 to ?

Usually, we like to document all the good things in our children's lives. Sometimes we gotta show the not-so-good things. This is Ava's first cold. As I type, I am covered in snot, trying to nurse this poor child, who is gasping between gulps and getting very frustrated. We slept on the couch last night so we wouldn't keep Daddy up. Good thing he broke our couch in so nicely that it is very comfy for sleeping in!
The last picture is right after one of her many sneezes. It breaks my heart and cracks me up at the same time!
She is feeling better today, yet not 100%. Hopefully soon, though. She is surprisingly pleasant, for the most part. But she wants held most of the time. I oblige most of the time since I can't bear to have her cry, thus creating more snot. I've tried to explain this to her, but I fear she may be a bit too young to understand just yet. We'll get through it stronger than before, better able to fend of those little nasties that have invaded my little girls nose.




4 comments:

Baby Kry said...

Okay these make me want to jump through the computer and pick her up. I'll hold her and her snot all day if it make s her feel better. A sick baby is no fun at all. ihope she feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

She looks a lot worse in these pictures than she is now. I didn't even mean to take the last one, the camera just kinda went off in my hand and that's what it captured! Poor thing. It really breaks my heart seeing her this miserable, knowing how much being sick like this bites and not really being able to do much about it.

Jess

Anonymous said...

Poor little baby girl! Those pictures just tug at the heartstrings. I hope she is better!

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog this morning and had to laugh because I also have an Ava with three older brothers. :-) My boys are 13, 7 and 6 and our little Ave is 20mos. What a coincidence!

Anyhow, I'm sorry your Ava is sick and I hope she is on the mend and feeling better now!

~Kristi