My Aunt's Kate and Lisa, along with my cousin Megan, dropped by for a visit last Saturday. It was really nice to catch up on our lives. My Aunt Kate brought me the neatest gift. It's a kit to make a 3-D plaster mold of Ava's hand and foot. We mixed up this goopy stuff and poured it into a plastic bag and then stuck her foot in the first one, then her hand in the second one. She was sleeping when we started, but I used cold water to mix up the goop and it woke her up. Next time I'll use warm water. Once it set up, we pulled her hand and foot out and poured plaster in the mold. The plaster takes 12 hours to set up so I had to wait until the next morning to peel the mold away and see the finished product. The detail is amazing. This stuff is really cool. She got it at Michael's Craft store.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Great-Aunts Kate and Great-Aunt Lisa visit...September 13, 2008
My Aunt's Kate and Lisa, along with my cousin Megan, dropped by for a visit last Saturday. It was really nice to catch up on our lives. My Aunt Kate brought me the neatest gift. It's a kit to make a 3-D plaster mold of Ava's hand and foot. We mixed up this goopy stuff and poured it into a plastic bag and then stuck her foot in the first one, then her hand in the second one. She was sleeping when we started, but I used cold water to mix up the goop and it woke her up. Next time I'll use warm water. Once it set up, we pulled her hand and foot out and poured plaster in the mold. The plaster takes 12 hours to set up so I had to wait until the next morning to peel the mold away and see the finished product. The detail is amazing. This stuff is really cool. She got it at Michael's Craft store.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment