
So, I got up around 7am on our scheduled day to deliver and I called my mom. She had been waiting for this phone call, you know the one where I say, "It's time to go to the hospital!" since I told her we were pregnant! So I called her and said, "It's time to go to the hospital!" She knew we were going that morning. She was meeting us at the hospital. I just thought I'd be funny and give her that phone call she'd been waiting for for so long! She appreciates my humor.
Everything went great in the hospital. C-section was right on time, believe it or not. Dan got some action shots of that, but I'll spare everyone the gory pic's. Ava arrived plump and screaming that glorious first scream that makes your heart swell and you can't help saying a little "Thank God she's ok" prayer in your head. Dan stayed with her, snapping pictures, while the doctors literally closed up shop, for good. No more little Krynicki's coming from this branch of the tree! We are complete now. The next 4 days were a little rough, but I was surprised at how well I felt. I guess I was still flying high on the thought of finally meeting my girl, Ava. Not to mention having my faithful companions -Motrin and Percocet- see me through some rough patches!
I need to give a huge shout-out to the nurses in Labor and Delivery at Allegheny General Hospital. They are the BEST! If anyone is thinking of having a baby anytime soon, I highly recommend delivering at AGH if possible.
Thank you Tim and Michaela for bringing Austin and Jacob to visit their new sister. They got "I'm a big brother" bracelets from the nurses. Again, they rock!
My mom was with us all day. Rachel and Monica came to visit me that evening. They took turns holding her. She was so tiny!
We came home on a Wednesday. We stopped at SnackGram and Pap's to pick up Austin and Jacob. They were so excited to have their baby sister home.




No comments:
Post a Comment